Naeem M Desai
Inverse Problems Group
- Office 1.220
- Alan Turing Building
- School of Mathematics,
- University of Manchester
- Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
- Tel: +44 (0) 161 306 3691
- Fax: +44 (0) 161 275 5819
I am a PhD student in Applied Mathematics and my supervisor is Prof. Bill Lionheart. My area of interest is Tensor Tomography with a special interest in Polarization, X-ray Diffraction and Neutron Strain Tomography.
Current work is to calculate the Stress and Strain Tensors that arise when Polarized Light, X-rays or Neutrons penetrate through a crystalline material. Hence Recontruction algorithms are of particular interest for several transforms, including plane Radon and 3D X-ray.
My MSc Dissertation involved a study on the Ellipse Radon Transform with application in Seismic Refelction Imaging. I am interested in the Numerical methods that arise in these sort of problems. Regular use of MATLAB and C++ programming to code up these schemes.
- MATH 19662 - 1M2 Tutorials [Second semester 2013/2014]
- MATH 19872 - 0D2 Tutorials [Second semester 2013/2014]
- MATH 19730 - 1G2 Tutorials [Second semester 2013/2014]
- Many to follow hopefully..... MIMS Eprint
- Keep our targets high maybe 2